This is a topic that never goes away. Not that is necessarily interest women more than men (although it might), I think we get more exposure to it. Topics about celebrity relationships, marriages, and divorce cover the pages of women's magazines and many of the television shows that we watch. I will admit, it peaks my curiosity. I know that it shouldn't. In one sense they deserve their privacy, especially with a topic as personal as marriage and divorce, but one the other hand is any publicity bad publicity in show business? I personally couldn't handle that kind of scrutiny and constant observation. I don't even have Facebook because I don't really want people to know what is going on about me. I know I am probably one of the 20 American's that don't have it, but I'm holding out and really at this point not even tempted to joint. I will say that I do miss out on a lot of invitations to events, and I would like to see pictures of my friends and their families. Many of the people that I graduated high school with have children that I have never seen which is strange since I am from a very small town (not even a caution light small).
Anyway, back to those fabulous celebrities. I often wonder how they feel about having their personal lives smeared everywhere for everyone to see and read about. Do they intentionally make themselves accessible? Do they make every effort to ward off the photographers? There are a lot of details about their lives out there for everyone to see. Oh, and just think of the money they make if they are willing to sit down and do an exclusive interview or allow those first pictures to be published. The numbers that rumored to be payed for first baby pictures is crazy to me. I think it is safe to say that this is something that I will never have to worry about.
I noticed a story today about Sara Michelle Gellar and her husband Freddie Prinze Jr discussing how they had been married for a decade. It's unfortunate that this is really very uncommon. So many times two celebrities for a relationship and we see the pictures of how well matched they are and it's easy to believe. It is sad to see it fall apart for anyone. Relationships are hard and I'm a hopeless romantic that continues to love a good love story with a happily ever after ending.
I am the same kind of a person: a hopeless romantic. I recently heard that Beyonce and Jay-Z, while being admitted to the hospital to have their baby, that they wanted everyone off the floor that they were having thier baby in, besides the doctors and nurses.They threw a fit, because it wasn't allowed. I feel that this was a very selfish move, because they were in a public hospital. Other people are having babies too. If they wanted privacy, then they should have had the baby in thier home. I also heard that Will Smith and Jada Pinkett are getting a divorce. This makes me so sad because I had so much faith in them!!! Great post.
ReplyDelete