This is a tough one. For the longest time my husband and I didn't think that we should have children. It was something that we had given much thought. After about seven years we decided that maybe we would give having a family a try. We are very thankful and feel blessed that we were able to have our little girl. Now comes the questions of whether or not we should try to have any more children. We have thought about it and gone back and forth about the pros and cons. I kind of think that my daughter might like to have a sibling, but then on the other hand I realize that not all siblings get along. Maybe she wouldn't enjoy having a brother or sister.
Also, there is the financial aspect of how expensive it is to have a child. She isn't so expensive right now, but she will be in the future. It is such a hard decision to make. My husband is just as undecided as I am which doesn't help. I think we even change our minds from day to day. I wonder if it isn't the best thing for us to have another child if we aren't completely sure.
I think about about how she might enjoy having a sibling, someone to play with, someone to share things with. That could back-fire on me though. They may not play well together at all. Maybe she would be happier if everything stays just the way it is and we don't make any changes.
My delivery was a little scary both for me and my husband. I had to have an emergency c-section. My husband has said that he don't know if it is something that we should risk. I wonder if knowing our risks would improve the entire process. I like to think so. I guess we will give it a little more time. Our daughter is still very young. Hopefully it will all become clear after she gets a little bit older.
Ok so I know that your situation is different from what mine were, but we raised 5 and I really love all my kids, but if I had been a little more mature, I think that I would only have had one and been able to give them the things that they needed and the things that they wanted as well.
ReplyDeleteI think everyone's life is different! I feel that only children sometimes have more benefits than ones with siblings, but I also feel that most need that playful companion to confide with and be social with. Personally I would at least have two kids if it were up to me, but this is coming from a girl that wants three to four children at least. :) Good luck with the decision.
ReplyDelete