I don't think that I am much different than a lot of people in the fact that I drink way too much soda. It's really all of the time. I enjoy an occasional cup of coffee too, but not in the way that I like my diet soda. I say diet soda because I'm not incredibly particular to the kind that I drink. I have my favorite which is Diet Dr.Pepper, but I'm good with a Diet Coke, Dr.Pepper 10, Pepsi Max, really I like them all.
I start my day with one, every day. Then I will have another one with lunch if not before. Oh and then there is the afternoon bottle and one with dinner. Well, I'm sure you get the picture, it's a lot! Actually, I have to make myself drink water. People think I'm a little crazy, but water really makes me gag just a little bit. Probably the worst part is that I know better. I'm a nurse and I realize that the chemicals in these beverages are bad for me, but I drink them anyway in excess. I like everything from the taste to the burn as it goes down my throat. Now I will admit that I like the regular stuff better. It's hard to beat a "fully leaded" Coke or Pepsi, but I guess I know enough to realize that I don't need that many empty calories.
My husband really dislikes the amount of soda that I drink. Frequently, he will ask me, so when was the last time you drank water? I always hate that question because the answer just sounds bad coming out of my mouth, "I don't know." I go in phases where I do a little better. At my best I make myself dink a glass of water before I can have a soda and if I'm really doing well, I will keep that pattern up for the rest of the day.
I know I need to make some changes to my beverage choices. I guess I could kind of relate it to the addiction that some people have with smoking. We do it even though we know it's bad. I would like to think that smoking is a little worse, but I'm afraid we will find out in years to come that there is a much clearer negative impact on the consumers health from drink soda than we once knew.
-
I am not as bad about soda as you are I don't think, but I do enjoy my Coke Zero!
ReplyDelete