I’m so excited for summer! I have been enjoying the great
weather so much! It gives me spring fever. I find that it makes me want to get
into shape, get a tan, clean my house, and the list goes on and on.
I really need to clean my house! I have really been craving
organization lately. It’s almost like that nesting period I went through at the
end of my pregnancy. I want everything in its place. I want to clean all the
corners and cabinets. The only problem with this is that I don’t have any time
to do it. My little baby girl keeps me so busy. I work five days a week as a
nurse for a neurosurgeon which is a job that I love, but I don’t have much time
left at the end of the day. She makes cleaning very difficult. Everything that
I do, she comes behind me and makes a mess of it again. She’s just so cute that
I can’t be upset with her. She is such a curious little thing. Everyday I am
amazed by the new things that she is able to do. Being a mom is wonderful and it
gives me so much pride.
That warm summer sun makes want to have a little color to my
skin for those summer clothes. Warmer weather means more skin exposure. I am
pretty pale at the beginning of the summer. I know that I shouldn’t, but I
usually go to a tanning bed a couple of times at the beginning of the season.
Once I get a little bit of a sun kissed glow I stop going. It is terrible for
me and I should probably consider a different method of getting myself ready
for summer. My health should be more important than a little bit of color.
I also become a little more aware of what I am eating. I
want those summer clothes from last season to fit. Sometimes they do, and sometimes
it takes me until a few months into the season before I can wear my complete
wardrobe from the year before, but usually I get it done. I decided that
dieting to fit into the clothes was much cheaper than buying new clothes. I
don’t even really enjoy shopping that much. I would rather spend my summer
doing other things. Really anything outside is better to me than shopping. I
thing spending money on clothes is really a waste. I appreciate a nice outfit
and when other people dress nice I would like it for myself too, but I just
have a hard time letting go of the money. It seems to cost so much for nice
clothes. I know there are tricks to getting good quality at good prices, but I
don’t feel like I have the time necessary to devote to my wardrobe.
Well, I may not be tan enough for summer, fit enough for
summer, or have a clean enough house for summer, but I am ready for it all the
same.
I am the exact same way!!! All Spring Break last week, I was in the mood to do some major Spring cleaning, along with, working out, dieting, and getting my body into shape for summer clothes! I love this weather, and I am so happy it is already here. I feel that when buying things here and there that you think are cute, it is much easier to put together a wardrobe. It is very hard for me to spend tons of money all at once, but when I buy a shirt here, or a pair of pants there, it eases my concience a little more. :)
ReplyDelete