Friday, March 2, 2012

Boating!!

I guess I should start from the beginning. My husband has a job that has always taken him away from home for six months at a time. His working season was always March through August. This work schedule always took him away during those really fun summer months. Well, this year we are hoping that he has a new schedule. We want to have time together as a family and enjoy warm weather activities. During his working season he was only able to come home for about 4 days over that period of time. It was always hard having him gone that long and I always miss so much. In the past I was able to hop on a plane and fly to wherever he was working and get little mini vacations together. That always helped break up the long stretch of time that he would be gone. Now, we have our daughter and so hopping on a plane at the last minute isn't really an option for me. We are literally more grounded and now and I wouldn't change that for anything. She is so wonderful!! It will be so much harder for him to be away from home this year. I really hope that he can stay home with us.
Anyway, back to the boating. So, if he is home this summer we will have time together to go to the lake. Last year while I was pregnant we bought a boat. I love the water and the sunshine and I'm really excited to get to use it. We have gone out with our friends on their boats in the past and had a great time. It will be so nice to get to have that experience any weekend that we want. It has been really frustrating to see the boat just sitting in the garage. The boat was my own little bit of additional motivation to loose my baby weight. It's been pretty frustrating to have invested money in it, but we haven't ever even had it on the water. This year should be different though.
We also love to camp and fish. Really we enjoy anything outdoors. We just recently missed opening day of trout season on March 1st. It's normally so very cold on opening day, but we still enjoy going out into the river bright and early and try to catch our limit. It's something we have always enjoyed doing together. We look forward to it every year, but it doesn't always work out because of his work schedule. The years that he gets a late start on the road we are able to hit the river and it is great!
I hope that our daughter shares our love for all things outdoors. We plan to expose her to all of the great outdoor activities that we enjoy so much and let her decide for herself. It would be wonderful if she would want to do some of those activities with us and we could make great family memories camping, fishing, and boating!

No comments:

Post a Comment