Friday, February 10, 2012

Home Re-model

My husband and I had a big remodel planned when we purchased our most recent home. Well, we dug in and got so much done. It has been a tremendous amount of work. We started with the walls. Down came the wallpaper, then we patched blemishes and sanded, finally everything was ready for paint. I have failed to mention that I am terrible at decisions. Well, before you can paint your walls you have to pick out and purchase paint. That was truly the hard part. I have painted and re-painted rooms. My bathroom is currently in waiting for another change. A little paint sample looks so different than a whole room of that color. I know that I should just buy sample sizes and do a decent size swatch first, but I'm so excited to have one more thing off of the to do list that I paint the whole room.

We pulled up the carpet, tore down walls, put in a fireplace, you name it. The list is very long but there is one thing still waiting on me, the painting. I had decided that I wanted all of our trim and doors painted cream in color instead of a wood finish. That is a much bigger job than I thought it would be. I wasn't even half way through the project when I realized that I was in over my head.

Well, it will get done someday. Hopefully that will be someday soon. The doors are still waiting on me along some of the trim, but it will happen. I just have to find the time, and finding time is definitely a post for another day. 


1 comment:

  1. Krista, please post pictures when you are finished!

    On Monday my 2 roommates and I decided we wanted to go a different route in our decorating scheme, and the first thing... paint! Thankfully, our trim was already the color we wanted, so we didn't have to redo that which can be very time consuming! The next day, we made a color board for our landlord, got the approval, and went out and bought paint that night! I love redoing rooms... hopefully you can find time to get it done because the in between stage is so.. blah. At least that is how I feel! Good luck getting everything finished!

    ReplyDelete