This blog likely will be one that more women than men can relate to but that's okay since it is coming from a female. So, many of us fixate on the scale. We have our goal weight, our healthy weight according to the experts, the weight where we feel our best, and so on. Some of even know roughly or even exactly how much we weighed around certain events in our lives for example pre or post pregnancy. Well, I too am victim to all of those numbers in my head, but what I have clung to is this one haunting pair of jeans. You know that pair. We have all had them. They were your favorite. They fit just right, just the right length, and you felt great wearing them. You felt great that is until they didn't fit any longer. I can't let go of them. They have laid dormant in the upper back corner of my closet for the better part of 8 years. I think about getting rid of them, but I just can't seem to let go. It could be the history behind the jeans. This links back to my point about weight and events, I was wearing them when my husband I first met. He doesn't care about the jeans or likely even remember them, but for me they are my marker. Now this is silly I know, but I continue to let them nag at me.
So there are those days when you think you can take challenge and try them on, if you dare. Chances are I'm setting yourself up for disappointment, but there is that slim chance that I can wiggle into them. It might take lying flat to zip them, but that still counts. They might be the kind of tight I would never wear to a public place or possibly even attempt to sit down in but again if they're on it still counts. I should use these moments as motivation. Okay, so if I'm this close to that goal why not push harder and apply those two dreaded words, diet and exercise? Well, because I dread them, both the diet and the exercise. So, my favorite, perfect, haunting pair of let me not forget to mention way over-priced pair of jeans will continue to linger in my closet. Although I look at them as a physical marker I think more than that I relate them to the history we have together.
I know that pair of jeans. I have them too and they are also in the upper back corner of my closet. They are dark jeans, which pale yellow stitching. Nothing real speacial about them, except how they looked on me and how they made me feel about myself. One day I'll be back in them... hopefully sooner rather than later. I am working towards those jeans everyday!
ReplyDelete